A game by John Yianni published by Gen42 Games.
See the game in action
You can also: Watch a game in progress (67 games in progress)
Each turn, you may either place an insect or move an insect. All insects in play must be contiguous at all times.
The first player's Queen Bee to be surrounded on all sides loses. You must place your Queen Bee by your fourth turn.
Tournament opening rule: You cannot place your queen as your first move.
- Queen Bee: Can only move one space
- Beetle: Only one space, but it can move on top of another insect
- Spider: 3 spaces in one direction
- Grasshopper: Moves to the next open space in a straight line
- Soldier Ant: It can move an unlimited amount along outside borders
- Mosquito: Uses the movement ability of any piece it is touching
- Ladybug: Travels two spaces on top of other pieces and one space back down
- Pill bug: Can move a single space, or move a piece currently adjacent to it to another adjacent location
This is just a brief summary of movement rules. This has a comprehensive overview of movement rules: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/371756/hive-detailed-review